Fighting against the academisation of a London school, by Colin Revolting with Juliana J.
Recipe for a community campaign:
- Ingredients: a small group of parents and teachers passionate about comprehensive education.
- Mix them together in a pub or similar receptacle.
- Whisk up ways to spread the word of ‘academisation’ of their school – i.e. word of mouth, leafleting, press releases, Facebook page, Twitter etc. Be as creative as possible.
- Raise the campaign profile with a small story in the local paper (good for reaching out to parents not in campaign’s ‘networks’).
- Take the campaign to the local town hall (for one hour only) to question the councillors.
- Source info and inspiration from previous campaigns.
- Make the front page of the local paper with huge photo of the group with home made banners.
- Decorate a cold community hall, fill it with a hundred more people who care passionately about comprehensive…
View original post 1,156 more words